Thursday, February 18, 2010

A God Who Speaks

It’s been an interesting experience for me to have my house on the market. It’s been stressful, and I’ve found myself wondering if I’m doing the right thing. Is this what you really want Lord? Maybe we should just stay here and not move. Ugh! Indecision! I hate it!

In the midst of indecision, I’m thankful that the Lord is a God who speaks. The other day I felt a bit discouraged and lacking direction. The kids were out of control, and I was tired. I just needed to hear from the Lord. I opened God’s Word and prayed that He would speak and that I would hear from Him. I turned to Proverbs since it’s the book of wisdom and I needed a bit of that.

Chapter 15 Verse 26 says that God tears down the house of the proud, but establishes the boundary of the widow. God spoke. I heard. I’m thankful that God knows exactly where he wants us to live and He will establish our boundaries. Do I know what I am supposed to do? NO! Does God? Yes! Will He lead? Definitely! What is God speaking to you?

3 comments:

  1. Kelly, we are praying for you even as you are ministering to our family. God is in control and the right buyer is out there somewhere! We pray for an extra dose of patience, of discovering what you are supposed to be learning through this time, and for God to bless you and your family as you transition. We are excited about your ministry and the possibilities of you being closer to campus. Say hi to my little pirate buddy!

    In His Love,

    Susan Baldwin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelly, today I feel discouraged and I just wanted you to know that I am with you in prayer and you are right, God does speak. I sometimes forget to listen.
    Missing you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kelly, I was a student at IU when Erik was on staff there. I didn't know him well, but Julia Hageman shared your blog with me when he got sick, and I've been following ever since. You have been an encouragement to me many, many times. Thank you for sharing your heart with us (even those of us you don't know).
    -Erin

    ReplyDelete